Prep time: 75 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray ith parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat thoroughly
- Gradually sift in the flour, baking powder and add the chopped almonds and mix well.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place in the refridgerator for an hour.
- Break the dough into small bitesize pieces and place them on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/almond-cookies/