Tip: Big batches can be made and frozen, to be microwaved at a later date. For the first week of school each year I make up a big batch and freeze them so breakfast is a breeze. When you’re out of a routine it’s nice to be able to serve breakfast in under two minutes!
|American Style Pancakes|
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 1/2 fl. oz. Milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Maple syrup
- fresh fruits, sliced.
- In one bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, wisk the egg, milk and the melted butter.
- Combine the two mixtures and whisk with a fork to get rid of any unwanted lumps.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and melt a knob of butter.
- Set in the heart-shaped cookie cutter and ladle in the batter.
- When the top side begins to bubble, flip the pancake over and cook until it has risen to 1/3 inch and is golden brown.
- Keep the finished pancakes warm and repeat the process the batter has finished.
- Pour over maple syrup and thrown on your favourite fresh fruits.