|American Style Pancakes || || |
Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 1/2 fl. oz. Milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Maple syrup
- fresh fruits, sliced.
- In one bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, wisk the egg, milk and the melted butter.
- Combine the two mixtures and whisk with a fork to get rid of any unwanted lumps.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and melt a knob of butter.
- Set in the heart-shaped cookie cutter and ladle in the batter.
- When the top side begins to bubble, flip the pancake over and cook until it has risen to 1/3 inch and is golden brown.
- Keep the finished pancakes warm and repeat the process the batter has finished.
- Pour over maple syrup and thrown on your favourite fresh fruits.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/american-style-pancakes/