Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 125ml milk
- 50 grams butter
- 3 ripe bananas peeled and chopped
- bread paper [or a greased pan if you don't have any]
- Preheat the oven for 350F.
- In your mixer, mix all of your dry ingredients first.
- Then add the egg, milk and butter.
- Turn off your mixer and add the bananas with a wooden spoon, folding them in. Otherwise they lose all texture and just become a mushy glob!
- Using a bread paper in a loaf tin. If you don't have bread paper, a well greased bread tin will do too.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the middle of your oven, or until is springs when you touch it.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/banana-bread/