Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries [Or frozen (defrosted) or one can of tinned blueberries--but NOT blueberry pie filling!]
- Cupcake tin, cup cake papers
- Turn your oven on to preheat at 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients first, then add the egg, oil and milk. The mixture will be thick.
- Rinse off your blueberries and drain.
- Turn off the mixer and hand-fold in the blueberries. DO NOT STIR. Just very gently fold them into the mixture.
- Stick the cupcake papers into the cupcake tin.
- Gently spoon in the blueberry mixture. Fill the cups just over 3/4 full
- Lick the spoon and wisk!
- Put into the oven, middle shelf for 20 minutes or until golden and gently split on top.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/blueberry-muffins/