Prep time: 90 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 2 hours
- 1 Bag of Bread Dough Mix
- 1 Litre Water
- Milk for Glazing
- Pour the dough mix into your bread maker and add the water. Bake to a bread dough setting and let the mixer do the rest.
- When ready, flour a clean dry surface and knead your dough for 5 minutes. Your dough should have an elasticity, it should spring back when pushed in.
- Form 2-4 balls of dough and place on a baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, brush on a layer of egg beatern and continue to bake.
- When they start to go golden brown and sound hollow when you tap them they are ready to be removed from the oven.
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes.
- When sufficiently cooled, with a bread knife, slice the 'lid' off the top and carefully pull out the inner soft dough. This can be used to dip in your soups!
- Add your favorite soups or vegetables and eat the whole thing!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/bread-bowl/