Recipe type: Treat
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 1 can of pineapple chunks in syrup
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 F.
- Drain the pineapple chunks but be sure to save the syrup!
- Combine the pineapple syrup with the sugar in a pan and whisk over medium heat.
- Dip the pineapple chunks in the syruppy sugar and place the chunks on a baking tray in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, glazing the chunks every ten minutes adding water if necessary.
- When the pineapple is translucent, remove and leave to dry on a wire rack.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/candied-pineapple/