Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 2 cups butter, unsalted
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs beaten
- Spray flour or butter [to grease the cup cake pan--don't use papers for these!]
- Handful of Marshmallows (optional)
- For the Icing:
- 2 cups dark chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven for 350F.
- Grease cake tins and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Mix in the eggs until well blended. Stir in the chocolate and butter.
- Spoon into the tins 3/4 full.
- Stick marshmallows into the centre of each one. They'll melt when baking!
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- For the icing:
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and icing sugar on high speed until smooth and fluffy. Add a touch of milk if the icing is too dry.
- Break up the chocolate bars and melt in the microwave on high for a couple of minutes, stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture above.
- When the cakes are ready, pop them out of the tins and pour the chocolate icing over cakes and allow to drip down. Enjoy!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/chocolate-goo-cake/