|Edible Chocolate Bowls || || |
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 large bar of chocolate per bowl.
- 1 Balloon per bowl
- For the Mousse:
- Whipping cream
- Icing Sugar
- Food Colouring
- Blow up your balloon, depending on how large you want your bowls to be. I like my bowls to to be medium sized so a bit larger than my cupped hand.
- With sticky tape, stick the bottom of your balloon the knot side to the bottom of a bowl and set aside.
- Break up your chocolate into a microwavable bowl and place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes and stir every minute.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly then begin spooning the melted chocolate over your balloon from the centre top and around the circumference.
- Place your chocolate coated balloon in the fridge for 20 minutes
- For the strawberry Mousse: Slice the stalks off the strawberries and cut into chunks and give your strawberries a rinse.
- Pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl with the icing sugar and the food colouring. Blitz the strawberry cream mixture until you achieve a 'moussey' texture.
- When your chocolate has hardened, pop the balloon and gently pull the balloon out of the chocolate bowl.
- Fill your bowl with the strawberry mousse and garnish with a chocolate dipped strawberry.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/edible-chocolate-bowls/