Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 3/4 cup mild molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water, boiled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 ounces fresh ginger, peeled, grated, and finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Butter or spray release for your baking tin.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In your mixer blend the molasses, cinnamon, sugar and oil.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan, stir in baking soda and then add the molasses mixture.
- Remove from heat and add the ginger.
- Return the mixture back to your mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the batter.
- Add eggs and continue mixing until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a very greased baking tin.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until your toothpick returns clean. It should be spongy to the touch.
- Leave it in the baking tin to cool completely before removing.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/ginger-cake/