Grilled Cod is a simple, tasty and healthy meal that can be rustled up in no time. I like to serve my grilled cod with a baked potato and greens to make a meal but equally grilled cod makes a great lunch by itself or with a salad. Fresh cod tastes great but frozen fish is much easier to keep. So if you’re using frozen fish thoroughly defrost it in the microwave before you start grilling! This recipe works well with many fillets, so experiment and let me know if you have any recommendations!
- 1 Fillet of Cod
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 slice and juice of lemon
- Baking potato
- Green beans
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 175F.
- Coat your potatoe with salt and oil and place on a baking tin.
- Put them in the oven on high for 40-60 minutes, depending on size.
- Bring and pan of water to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer the green beans for 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes and beans are nearly done, wash the Cod fillets under cold water. Season well with salt and grind on the pepper. Drizzle with oil and grill on a griddle pan for 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain your beans and plate up alongside your potato with a nob of butter. Squeeze the juice of a lemon over the Cod and serve.