|Halloween Cake Recipe || || |
Prep time: 60 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- For the Cake:
- 200g butter, unsalted
- 200g self-raising flour
- 300g light brown sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs beaten
- Spray flour or butter [to grease the pan]
- Removable bottom cake tins-same size.
- For the 'slime' icing;
- 60g golden icing sugar filling, sifted
- 20g cocoa powder sifted
- 1 egg white (whisked until stiff)
- 3 Food colourings (I used green, red and black)
- Topping decorations of your choice.
- Preheat the oven for 350F.
- Grease twin cake tins and set aside.
- In a small pan set over low heat, melt together the chocolate and butter with 100ml water.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix in the eggs until well blended. Stir in the chocolate and butter.
- Spoon into the tins and smooth the top. Bake for 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Pop out of the tins and set aside to cool.
- For the Icing:
- Mix together the sugar, cocoa and egg white, until it's pourable but stiff. You may need a little water or sugar until you get the right consistency. Add food colouring as desired. There's no wrong way to decorate this cake!
- To create the green goo I poured it on in the middle then slowly tilted the cake different directions until I reached the desired drippy look. I waited for this to dry completely [about 20 minutes] and added a spoonful of fresh sticky icing to the middle [as 'glue'] before adding the next layer on top.
- I then proceeded to decorate the top with two different coloured icings using the same method as above. By creating a red layer of icing and 'drawing on' the spider web with the final layer of black icing.
- Have fun!!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/halloween-cake-recipe/