Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 75 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking power
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder. If the mixture is a little dry, slowly add the milk until it forms a fluffly dough.
- Put the dough in a sandwich bag and place in the refridgerator for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough into a circle, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into circles and spoon in a little jam.
- Now, fold in to triangles. Running both thumbs and index fingers from one side to the other. Pinch 3 corners to create a seal.
- Repeat with all the remaining dough.
- When they are all done, place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/hamentaschen/