Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Spray flour or butter [to grease the pan]
- A cake tin of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In your mixer cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk.
- Add the honey, you may need to microwave it for a moment to soften it enough to pour.
- Let the mixer really beat the mixture smooth. If your honey is thick causing the batter to be too thick, add more milk until the consistency is pourable into the baking pan.
- Pour into your baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes in the preheated oven on the middle rack until the toothpick comes back clean and it springs to the touch.
- Allow it to cool completely before releasing from the tin.
- If you have a 3-dimentional tin like mine, remove the two cakes and slice the top to create a flat surface to seam them. Use honey or apricot jam to stick them together. Enjoy!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/honey-cake/