Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 whole lemons, zested first, then peeled and chunked into bite size pieces
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- Spray flour or butter [to grease the pan]
- A cake tin of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs, beat the yolks first until thick.
- Add the sugar slowly to the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the lemon juice.
- In a different bowl, beat the egg whites until they are thick [but peaks are not necessary.]
- Add the eggs whites to your yolk mixture.
- Add the flour, then add the lemon chunks and lemon zest.
- Fold all together until well mixed.
- Bake in a greased pan for approximately 40 minutes or until it springs back when gently pressed.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/lemon-cake/