Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 75 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/8 cups white caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, throw together the flour, sugar and salt. Then add the lemon zest, poppy seeds and butter. Crack the eggs in and beat well one at a time.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased medium sized baking tin and place in the over for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- For the glazing, heat the remaining sugar and lemon juice on a low temperature until fluid.
- When the cake is ready and has cooled slightly, generously pour over the glazing.
- Leave to cool to room temperature and enjoy!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/lemon-poppy-cake/