Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 10 macaroons
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups caster sugar
- 2 cups almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a aking tray with patchement paper.
- Beat the egg whites slowly until a foamy texture.
- Add the salt and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Beat to a stiff peak.
- Fold in the almonds.
- Spoon the mixture on to the partment paper, roughly 2 inches apart and bake for 20 minutes.
- When they're done, allow the macaroons to cool for a few minutes.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/macaroons/