|M&M Chocolate Cookies || || |
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 15-20 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package M&M’S®
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In your mixer, cream the butter and sugars for a few moments before you add anything else.
- Once they've thoroughly blended, add egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Turn off the mixer and HAND fold in 2/3's of the M and M's with a wooden spoon. If you put them in the mixer, they'll break. It's really important to do this by hand.
- With a tablespoon drop them onto an ungreased cookie sheet, two inches apart.
- Flatten lightly with your hand and add the final 1/3 of the M and M's to the top of the cookies.
- Bake for no more than 10 minutes! They will look underdone when it's time to take them out.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/mm-chocolate-cookies/