Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 nob butter
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1/2 liter Veggie Stock
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- Salt and pepper for seasonng.
- Chop the onions and add the butter to a pan over a low heat. Throw in the onions and allow to saute for about 40 minutes. Keep the heat low so the onions don't burn but instead sweat, allowing the natural sweet juices to come out. If you're short on time, throw in a pinch of sugar to speed up the process.
- Splash over the Worcester sauce and add the stock.
- Throw in the dried sage and combine.
- Simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- If you're gravy is too thin, add some flower to thicken it up.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/onion-gravy/