Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablepsoons of butter
- fillings of your choice: mushroom, peppers
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until just combined and season with salt and pepper. You can also chop and slice your fillings on a board ready for later.
- In frying pan, heat a tablespoon over butter over a medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Pour on half of the egg mix and allow it to spread around the pan evenly for about 30 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon, pull the perimeter of the egg inwards, tilt the pan slightly to allow the liquid to fall outwards and cook. Throw in the veggies.
- When the omelette is ready, it will slightly be slightly liquidice in the centre. You can either fold it or simply scoop the omelette out of the pan and serve immediately.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/perfect-omelette/