Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/8 cup milk for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until combined to a soft dough.
- Lightly flour a clean surface, roll the dough into a ball and chop into quarters. Wrapp in sling film and cool for an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combining 6 tablespoons of sugar, all the brown sugar, a teaspoon of cinnamon, the raisins and the crushed walnuts.
- Roll each dough ball into a circle 9 inches in diametre. Add 1/4 of the filling to each and 2 tablespoons of the apricot jam.
- Cut the circle into quarters and eights and roll from the outter side into rolls.
- Place the wedges onto the baking tray and brush with milk and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/rugelach/