Recipe type: Nibble
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 4 large, tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 Basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Finely slice off the base of the tomato so it will sit on a flat surface.
- Slice off the head of the tomato and set aside (this lid will be used later)
- With a spoon, scoop out the inside of the tomato and season the inside of the tomato shell with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the sliced mozzarella, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, salt pepper and finely chopped basil.
- Fill with the cheesy mixture.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Top the tomato with the lid and serve.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/stuffed-tomatoes/