|The Ultimate Cookie Dough Recipe || || |
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 11 mins
Total time: 31 mins
- 1.5 cups of Shortening or butter (I like to use Stork)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 5 cups of flour in the mixture, plus set aside 1/2 cup for rolling out the dough later
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla.
- Add the sugar and continue to combine.
- Add the flour one cup at a time.
- Add the salt.
- Add the baking powder and remember, you must measure this one exactly for your cookie dough to rise and to taste great.
- For the final cup of flour, add it in slowly until the cookie dough begins to pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Place a piece of parchment on your counter and tip the mixture onto the parchment.
- Knead the cookie dough for a few minutes.
- Then wrap it up tightly and store in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, take it out and add a generous heap of flour and knead it together until it's pliable like playdough. If it's still sticky, keep adding flour until it feels ready to roll.
- Roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake it for about ten minutes. I prefer them to be undercooked and 'bendable' rather than jaw breakers.
- When they are ready, remove them from the baking tray and set aside to cool.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/the-ultimate-cookie-dough-recipe/