Recipe type: Treat
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 1 1/4 cups of demerara sugar
- 1/8 cup butter
- 110 ml water
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 6 apples
- 6 wooden skewers
- Dissolve the sugar in the water over a low heat and stir in the sugar butter and syrup.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Place the apple in a preheated oven to soften slightly but not cook.
- Take the apple out and pierce with a skewer and dip into the toffee mixture. Be sure to coat the whole apple.
- Set aside to cool and harden for a few minutes.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/toffee-apples/