|Tomato and Basil Pasta || || |
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 400 grams pasta
- 1 Litre Water
- 3 large tomatoes or 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato puree (if required)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Handful of Fresh basil
- 1 tbs Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oil on a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry until slightly soft. Add the garlic.
- Chop your tomatoes in to quarters and add in, or simply pour in the tin of tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes.
- For the pasta: Bring a pan of water the boil and add a pinch of salt. Throw in the pasta and cook according to your packet's instructions.
- Season your tomato sauce with salt and pepper. If it seems a bit thin, add tomato puree. If it's too thick, add a tablespoon of water.
- Throw in a few basil leaves and stir. Continue to simmer until your pasta is ready.
- Drain your pasta and add to the sauce. Serve straight away.
- Buon appetito!
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/tomato-and-basil-pasta/