Tuna Noodle Casserole is a great comfort food that really comes into it’s own when the weather is rainy or cold outside. It’s a real family favourite. It’s super easy to make and keeps very well [if the leftovers last long enough to be considered left-overs...] and it also freezes well so you can make more than one dish at a time. I also appreciate that it’s very inexpensive to make. So if it’s a buckle down and not spend kind of week, this is perfect.
|Tuna Noodle Casserole|
- 1 bag of Fusilli Pasta
- 2 cans Tuna in Brine
- 2 Handfuls of button Mushrooms, sauteed.
- 2 tins Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 generous spoonfuls of butter, plus some to grease the dish
- 1 cup of green peas [defrosted from frozen are perfect]
- Pinch of Salt
- Toasted Onion Sprinkles (optional)–the ones at IKEA are awesome!
- Preheat your oven to 150 C.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta and cook following the packet guidelines. Give the pasta a stir every now and then.
- Heat a pan with the butter and add the chopped mushrooms.
- Grease a casserole dish with a little butter. Drain your pasta and add to the dish.
- Drain the tuna and add to the pasta along with the can of mushroom soup and give it a good stir so the pasta is coated.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms along with the buttery juice.
- Sprinkle over the roasted onion if you want!
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.