Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry Basil
- 1 tablespooon dry Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1 cup grated, extra mature cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbls Honey and 1 tbls Soy Sauce for the glaze
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Chop the mushroom to a fine consistency and grate the onion, mince the garlic and combine with the thyme, basil, sage and chilli.
- Season well and add the cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Crack in 1 whole egg and the yoke of the second. Combine until the mixture becomes a firm putty.
- Place into a baking tin, I recommend using a rectangular bread tin with a high lip.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- After about 10 minutes, if you'd like your Meatload to have a glaze, combine the honey and soy sauce and brush it over the top of the load. Place back in the oven and cook for the remianing time.
Recipe by At Home With Meg Stone at http://www.myjewishhome.com/ns/veggie-meatloaf/